Research Registration Instructions
Updated December 2012
For Each New Study Participant:
Complete a CTO Enrollment Form.
A hot pink card Research ID Card will be created for all study participants except those enrolled in healthy volunteer studies. Healthy volunteer participants will receive a lime green card.
- Distribute the Research ID card to your study participant.
- Instruct your study participant on use of the Research ID Card. The study participant needs to be instructed to present the card at each study-related visit.
- For each trial-related test or service, you must obtain a physician signed Order and that order must indicate the RX number.
- The study coordinator should schedule the test/service on behalf of the study participant and the RX number must be provided to the scheduler as the Alternate Insurance.
- At the time the study participant presents for the test/service:
- Present the order
- Present the research ID card
- Re-iterate that RX is to pay for the service
Registration personnel may not complete the patient registration if the participant does not have a Clinical Trials ID card.
If you have not submitted the forms requested above, your participant will not have a research account in the hospital billing system. They may be denied service (including dispensation of study drug from the research pharmacy) or their bills may be incorrectly sent to insurance.